About Snelson PhotoColor Lab
We have been serving professional photographers since 1973. In fact our family history in photography dates back three generations to the early 1900s.
Ralph Snelson, Sr. (foreground) with George Edward Anderson in Anderson’s Springville studio. Circa 1906
We understand photography and we understand what makes a great print. Because of the necessity to produce professional quality products for professional photographers, we are committed to excellence. Now you can take advantage of our professional paradigm and get your pictures produced your way, professionally.
We offer a complete collection of professional photo printing products. The online ordering process makes it quick and easy to order a large variety of items from the comfort of your home or office, or even on the go, yes we have a mobile app. Whether you want photo prints, canvas prints, metal prints, greeting cards and announcements, acrylic art, personalized photo gifts, or if you’ve got old photos to archive, you can find everything you need to feature your favorite photos for a lifetime of enjoyment. High quality photos are our specialty, and not only can you count on professional photo printing, you can also rely on expert restorations and retouching to preserve the memories from the past.
The mission of Snelson PhotoColor Lab, Inc. is to provide clients with the highest quality, professional photographic services available in the industry. These services extend beyond the product to include personalized customer assistance. We strive to know each customer and his individual needs and to serve those needs with all the resources available to us.
Five reasons you should use Snelson PhotoColor Lab
1. We have been serving professional portrait and wedding photographers, artists and photo enthusiasts since 1973. The products and services that we offer are created by trained craftsmen that provide a distinctly professional grade product. We understand the technical and artistic aspects of photo processing better than anyone and we are very helpful and friendly.
2. The customer service at Snelson PhotoColor Lab is unmatched in our industry. Our first objective is to make sure you are satisfied with your order as it was placed. We do everything we can with the resources we have available to provide the service that is essential to produce a product that has the subjective characteristics that a photograph has. We personalize our service to fill your needs.
3. We use professional grade, silver halide (REAL) photographic paper. The paper is thicker and more substantial than consumer grade papers used at the big box stores and the emulsion (the side the picture is printed on) is formulated for archival purposes. According to independent, scientific research the professional grade Fuji Crystal Archive paper we use is the longest lasting photographic paper available.
4. The giclee products we offer are for prints larger than 30×40 and for canvas, fine art prints and gallery wraps. Our giclee products use archival inks and media and are coated with a protective coating to shield the image from water and other environmental damage.
5. Ordering from Snelson PhotoColor Lab is easy. Simply come in for personalized assistance or use our Remote Order Entry System (ROES) or Easy Pix available on this site’s order page to place your order from the convenience of your own computer. If you are mobile with an iPhone or iPad you can also use our Easy Pix mobile app.
Our 8 step Quality Assurance Process
1. When your order reaches us it is immediately logged into our system to begin order processing.
2. Your order is then sent to its respective station to be processed and is tracked throughout the lab at every station needed to complete the order.
3. If there is any question about an order the technician calls the customer for clarification before proceeding.
4. Order accuracy is checked at each station to insure that each order is completed correctly to your preferences.
5. We maintain a sample file of customer preferences that we can refer to in the Quality Control process.
6. As the order is collated and assembled for delivery it is once again checked for color accuracy, cropping specifications and mounting and finishing instructions. If it doesn’t pass final Quality Control it is sent back to the station responsible for correcting the problem.
7. Our employees and customers communicate and interact with each other. We encourage customers and employees to get to know each other. We encourage our customers to come in as often as they can to interact with our employees and to see our operation in progress.
8. Occasionally we will email a Quality Assurance Customer Service survey. This gives you an opportunity to give us feedback about both our technical and customer service performance. We also encourage you to use our social media sites to let us know how we are doing.
We invite you to try our services to experience first-hand the Snelson PhotoColor Lab difference.